Monday, September 12, 2011

May You Stay Forever Young...

So its been a minute or two since I last posted, but Im just now having a bit of free time to do it!!  It was a ridiculously CRAZY weekend, but so worth it.  Saturday I married off my best friend to one of the single most amazing men I have ever met.  It has been a long and stressful last 7 months - planning, and practicing, and making, and coordinating - but THE minute my beautiful BFF and her wonderful husband to be locked eyes as she danced her way down the isle - it made every stressful feeling/moment/sleepless night worth it.  They are so amazing and genuine.  They have a friendship that most people only ever get to experience briefly, if at all.  They compliment each other in every silly little way, and its so refreshing.  Its a love that gives you faith in love.  Its a love that reaffirms what God has truly blessed us with on this Earth.  Jeff & Kris - I am so happy for the both of you.  You 100% deserve the love, laughter, and happiness you bring to one another.  God has smiled upon your marriage - and will only continue to do so.  



Aside from the initial wedding day jitters - everything went off without a hitch.  I got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people in the world.  I made some wonderful new friends, and got to bask in the presence of the ones I dont get to see nearly enough.  There was so much laughter and joy ALL WEEKEND.  As I woke up snuggled to my best friend in the wee hours of the early afternoon - I could hardly contain my excitement for her!  I woke her up and we giggled about the fact that by this time tomorrow - she would be Mrs. Jeffrey Powell.  =]]]  EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!  She deserves this happiness more than anyone.  After a 'post party night morning hangover killer beer' we hopped in the car, got us a rehydrating beverage, and set off to the hairdressers.  She was pre-curling the clip ins and needed approval.  Hahaha I love us and our skeevy clip in weaves.  Her hair was ready before our day ever started.  It amuses me.  Then we found ourselves with NOTHING to do for the next 4 hours.  So what did we do?  Sat in the bathroom floor, painted toesies, and laughed until we cried.  Those are the moments that make lifelong friendships.  We talked about love, and life, and those ridiculously inappropriate things you dare only talk about with your best friend. It was so nice to see her so happy and giddy - over this wonderfully amazing man.  The man shes always deserved but never thought she'd find. 
Four hours later - it was GO TIME!  I made my way out to the Wedding Ranch and she made her way to the hairdresser to start the process.  Two hours later (I was beginning to worry she was going to be late!), I recieved a text from her - it read:  "OMG.  I'M A F&^%$*G PRINCESS!!!"  I laughed so hard.  What felt like another hour later, (but couldnt really have been anymore than 10 minutes later), I see a flash of Green Lightening pull up to the Cottage followed by a cloud of dust, the sound of gravel and tires coming to a screeching hault, and Jeff's beautiful princess and her Lovely Charlie Darling (the wonderful designer of her dress), sprinting up the little dirt trail that lead up to the door of the bridal party cottage.  FOUR HOURS with NOTHING to do and all of a sudden we had less than an hour to do her make up, calm her nerves, say a prayer, gather all our shades for the dance and head down to the beautiful little Gazebo where she would begin her lifelong journey as Mrs. Kristina Powell.  It seemed to happen all so quickly!  All of us in the wedding party danced our way down the isle - as did the groom - as did the bride.  It was so much fun - so lighthearted - and so Jeff and Kris.  It was such a beautiful ceremony, and I had the best seat in the house.  I couldnt see Kristinas face - standing behind her - but I got to watch Jeffs.  He smiled from ear to ear.  He was so happy and so very proud to be taking her as his wife.  You could see the love and the adoration he feels for her.  It was truly like there was no one else in the world around but her.  And then I started to cry.  She deserves this man.  More than anything in the world - she deserves every bit of amazingness that he is.  Theirs truly is a marriage brought together by God himself.  What a blessing to have been able to share the most important day of their lives with them.  God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment